Friday, June 22, 2012

Blueberry Picking



Since moving to NC, we have wanted to do some fruit picking in the spring and summer. It's very agricultural around here and we were always hearing about the great fruit picking. Finally last weekend, the pastor's family at our church invited us to go blueberry picking with them. Interestingly, the blueberry farm was only about 5 miles from our house. So we are definitely planning to go back in a couple weeks.




We only picked one full basket worth of blueberries. And we used every one of them. We of course ate them right out of the container. But I also baked a blueberry pie with a crumb topping. I made blueberry muffins twice (2 different recipes). My husband made us blueberry pancakes one morning. And last night I made a blueberry-pineapple smoothie. It's been such fun trying new things with these huge, fresh blueberries. I can't wait to go back and get some more.


No comments: