Saturday, September 4, 2010

First Week

Believe it or not summer is over and it's time to get back into the swing of school. We actually started school last week and I have it say it was the best first day and first week we have had in six years as we start this seventh year of homeschooling.

Both my children were dreading school...well maybe thats too harsh a take on thier impression. Needless to say, they were not looking forward to the first day. I asked them both (at 12 and 6 years old) to try to have a more positive attitude as we moved into our school year. The 12 y/o said he would try and I knew the 6 y/o would follow his lead. Well, lo and behold we had a great day, the new schedule worked beautifully and three days later the 6 y/o told me he liked school. Wow! I was just blown away. This was the same kid that ran away and hid whenever I even mentioned school to him. Praise the Lord! We had a blessed week and I am looking forward to another great year learning at home.

By the way, the 7th grader told me by the middle of the week--"If this the way school is going to be all year, I can handle it." Now that's positive feedback.

No comments: